2. Contact the Medical Center (so they are informed of your absence)
3. Contact your Leader or Manager
Short Term Disability - Return to Work
1. Contact the Medical Center for your return to work physical
2. Contact HRConnectafter you have been cleared to return to work. HRConnect will contact Aetna to inform them of your return to work and most importantly, HRConnect will update the payroll system so you are paid correctly.
Please Note:HRConnect should be contacted after your physical clearance. If you contact HRConnectprior to being cleared, and are not cleared by the Medical Center, you risk benefits being terminated prematurely.
Family Medical Leave (FMLA) - Intermittent and Continuous
1. Contact HRConnect (HRConnect will contact Aetna to initiate the claim process)
Please Note:Intermittent FMLA absences -- Same requirement as before. You must contact your Leader (or manager) each time you are absent due to FMLA. You must also contact Aetna each time you are absent. Otherwise your absence may not be covered under FMLA.